A former cigarette addict has died in India after his last cigarette was accidentally thrown on the ground.
Mohammad Nabiuddin was 65 when he died in a hospital in Chennai.
He was one of the last smokers in India who died from inhaling toxic smoke.
A local newspaper in Kerala reported that Nabiudin, a smoker for about three decades, had been hospitalized with lung cancer after his wife died of the disease in 2010.
Nabiudins family had appealed to authorities to provide more support for smokers and their families who had lost their loved ones to the deadly disease.
The report said Nabiuds family had asked the state government to provide free cigarettes to people in need.
The state government did not provide the money and the family did not receive it.